About our vision
Engaging heart and mind in celebrating Christ, connecting people, and contributing meaningfully. We want to be laser-focused on doing these three things found in Acts 2:42-47:
1. Celebrate Christ, who is the greatest proof of who God is and how passionately he pursues us. We deserve hell, but God sent his Son to reconcile us to himself. That's love. And we want everyone to get in on it, because found people find people. Everyone should have a chance to discover Christ, grow in faith, and find their place in God's great plan. That includes kids! On Sundays, the Y's child watch area becomes a great place for your kids to burn off energy while discovering God's love. In the worship service, you'll draw near to God via uplifting music (come ready to sing!), clear and compelling teaching from God's Word, and fellowship time with refreshments afterward. We'd love to welcome you!
2. Connect people. All people need people. No matter how successful you are, the journey is better together than alone. God made us to reach our full potential only in community with others. It isn't always easy, but it's worth it. That’s why small groups are the backbone of our strategy for following Christ. Look around in the worship gathering, and you'll see a range of ages and ethnic backgrounds. We treasure the richness of Christ's work across generations and cultures. And we're glad to help you connect with others here.
3. Contribute meaningfully: Christ's people serve people. You were made to make a difference, rather than approach God like a religious consumer. It’s good for your soul to serve, give, and pass on to others what you're learning. Kids' ministries (background check provided), media team, worship team, small groups: there's a place where you can make a meaningful contribution. We also value those who volunteer or work in the YMCA, because doing so provides natural opportunities to represent Christ in this great community gathering place. And those who work p/t in the YMCA get a free membership!
Giving financially is just as important as giving time. Generosity is one of the greatest proofs of who your heart belongs to. What you give at yChurch is dedicated to reaching what we call the 67/20. If the world were a village of 100 people, 67 of them don't know Jesus Christ as Savior, and 20 suffer in extreme poverty. We're committed to changing that, by:
- Reaching the 67 locally
- Reaching the 67 around the world via our partnership with the
- Christian & Missionary Alliance
- Lifting up the 20 via Compassion And Mercy Associates (C.A.M.A.)
You can make a secure one-time gift or arrange recurring giving by clicking here, or text your gift to 317-315-5088. If you choose the text option you will be sent a secure link, and after giving will receive an immediate confirmation with our thanks.
For more information on reaching the 67/20, see the websites for the Christian & Missionary Alliance Great Commission Fund or CAMA. Hope to see you 9:30 this Sunday at yChurch!
Our Facebook page is a great place to connect with new friends or get the latest church happenings.
Everyone needs help occasionally whether it's for prayer or for counsel to help face life's challenges.